Thursday, July 3, 2014

Room with a view

We have been waiting for our new window blind to arrive and be fitted for the inner courtyard for a few weeks now, it has been one hic up after another, mainly because the staff of the local branch have been so unpleasant and tried to deliver the wrong colour, getting even more nasty when I refused the blind. The man was so nasty I have to admit it reduced me to tears, but, I stood my ground.

The blind arrived yesterday, but luckily I was not here, again he was very nasty, let his assistants fit the blind, demanded his money and left.  Unfortunately he omitted to fully install the mechanism and new handle, but I have to say I am pleased with the blind.  It enables us to enjoy the courtyard without the wind whistling around us and totally creates another room and one with a view.

 I made the decision to contact the head office and explain the situation as I had no wish what so ever to communication with this obnoxious man.  I am so pleased that I did as the manager rang me quite horrified at our treatment, confirmed he would personally bring and fit the remaining mechanism and by all accounts it appears there is discrepancy in my payment paperwork and paperwork sent to head office!! I believe he will be investigating just what has been going on

Anyway in the mean time we can enjoy our new room and have fun dressing it with new plants and garden ornaments. It is a nice place to sit early in the morning with a cuppa, or to take a break whilst doing chores and of course without the wind, to be able to take craft things out there without everything being blown away.  Even Chris took advantage of the space today by taking some of the dolls house items out there and repairing some of damaged lights.

take care


  

8 comments:

  1. How horrible for you to have to deal with someone who is so unpleasant! I hope that the situation will now be resolved and you won't have to think about it any more other than to enjoy the finished blind! I think that it is a great idea, especially as you can still see the view so well, and what a lovely view it appears to be! Have fun getting all set up out there! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something you dont expect when you place an order do you. At least head office wish to investigate the matter further as they think other customers may have been involved too. The nice thing is in moments we can lift the blind and be as one with the plaza if we want. Have a great weekend xcx

      Delete
  2. so sad the experience was bad..at least it is sorting out... and what a magnificent place you have there.... perfect for a bit of fixing by Chris and maybe some stitching for you?
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it does make it really nice and it is usually several degrees cooler here than out in the main gardens by the pool and Naya. Its also great being close to the house for doing crafts when I forget something also the shaded natural light is perfect for stitching. Its nice to be able to sit out together but doing our own thing Enjoy the weekend, happy stitching xcx

      Delete
  3. What a lovely place to sit, it will be great now you've got the blind sorted out to stop the wind whistling through. Glad you took the matter further, that horrible man shouldn't get away with treating people like that.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whether its comeuppance or karma, I think his card is marked now, just hope no one else has to deal with him! Rebecca brought over some dresses that needed taking up and it was lovely sitting there chatting to her whilst stitching. xcx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely place to sit and stitch - or to just sit and enjoy your beautiful surroundings. So pleased the blind problems are being dealt with properly now. That is the last thing you need when making a purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Chrissie
    It does look delightful and I can certainly see why you like to sit there and relax with a cuppa in your hand. That and the view can at least make up somewhat for the unpleasantness you have encountered at the store. I am so glad to hear you took the matter further as it will bring a stop other customers being treated in the same way.
    I so enjoy seeing how you are preparing for the arrival of little one!
    Hot and sticky here in the city and still dusty .... so little rain. We've taken to looking at property again in Gran Alacant,Los Arenales as we would really like to get out of the city when I retire.
    keep well

    Amanda x

    ReplyDelete