Saturday, October 28, 2017

Blooms

As the summer temps cool down, the plants and flowers are having a second bloom, which gives the garden a nice bright feel.
We have Chinese bazaars, independent shops that seem to sell everything, although not always a good quality, but they do tend to sell nice plants at reasonable prices.
Rebecca bought me some petunias a few weeks ago from her local chino and once repotted they have flourished nicely, so I asked her to keep her eyes open for other nice plants. 

Beautiful, and both for only 8 euros
Here Puff is enjoying their colour, Merlin is in another part of the courtyard!
I used to enjoy buying crysants in Tiverton at this time of year, they always gave, lasting a long time and creating a lovely colour as the days drew in.
Here, these types of plants are mainly used to celebrate All Saint´s day (a national holiday) 1st November, (the day of the dead)
However as I don´t associate them with this day, I shall just enjoy their blooms.

Bit of DIY too this week, our log burner had gone a little tarnished due to the chimney leaking a bit.
The prep took the time, protecting all the walls, floors etc from the spray paint.
Before
and after, all ready to go now
Have fun, enjoy your extra hour
take care
xcx

4 comments:

  1. Chrysanths are great at this time of year, I saw some reduced ones in the garden centre a couple of weeks ago but I resisted, I wish I'd picked them up now. Your log burner looks lovely, a job well done and it's all ready to go now in the colder weather.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really pleased with the burner, we have not needed it up till now, usually we would have had fires by now but its been really warm still xcx

      Delete
  2. gosh that pink chysanth is just covered. do they die back and keep going year after year? I think I need to get a few for my garden as they are rewarding. the log burner looks great and ready for use...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you can cut them back and let them regrow, hope so anyway. xcx

      Delete