Sunday, October 22, 2017

Sunsets

Last night was the end of the season for the BBQ´s in the plaza. A nice, warm, clear evening, that was well attended. We started earlier than usual at 8pm instead of 10pm just in case it got cold, but this also meant that it wasn't such a late night (early morning!)
As is the way here, as more people arrived another table was set out and the sharing of our goodies began, Chris had already set his gear up and played for most of the evening.
Good fun had by all

The other evening Chris captured this lovely sunset


Last December I made various items for the first little market held in the plaza to raise funds for the village, but then it was discovered this wasn't permitted by the council so was invited to have a table just for me. I had made various fingerless gloves and was chuffed to sell 5 pairs.

Pilar, one of our neighbours came round to ask me to make her another pair to give as a present. Luckily I had a Blue Peter moment and showed her the ones I still had left over. Another pleasing result.
I needed to know how much yarn they took to make so decided to weigh the gloves then the leftover yarn rather than start to knit and not have enough. I am glad I did, as there wasn't enough. Saved some time and effort there!
Hope everyone had a good weekend
Take care
xcx



4 comments:

  1. I haven't made gloves for years, used to like making finger ones. The weather just doesn't seem to call for gloves here now like a few years back.
    I like the colours of the pink one's its so gratifying when someone likes what you've made enought to buy it, well done.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Briony, I was very surprised to see her but pleased too. I have a display of beaded jewellery in our local restaurant too, its pleasing when something sells there too. xcx

      Delete
    2. what fun with your BBQ and well done on the sales.... it's a good feeling that someone wants to pay for your lovely creations. I have a pair of fingerless gloves and they are invaluable for our short winter...
      Hugz

      Delete
    3. Thanks Fiona, I originally made them for Chris after his accident with his hand, I even used a pattern for a rabbits leg to fit his thumb lol. It was an added bonus to be paid! Xcx

      Delete