Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Spirals

We were invited to join our friends at Maria´s for a meal last Friday as it was Leslie´s birthday
We spent a lovely evening dining and chatting, especially as the evening cooled to a reasonable temperature. 
I also received 65e as a result of some of my jewelry items being sold.
Nothing like selling something to give you the incentive of making some more.
Maria is quite happy to display my board without any commission as she says it gives an added interest to the place.

I try to keep the prices reasonable, as I would rather sell the pieces, covering basic costs of materials with a little for time. You never seem to recoup all the time costs involved when hand making items, but every little helps and there is no point in having loads of beads sitting in a drawer when they could make a few pennies.

I decided to make something a little more chunky and came up with this necklace and bracelet set


Various shapes picked at random

I also made a collection of  spiral bracelets but in smaller sizes, more for childrens or smaller wrists.


Although they are made with the same basic pattern, I love the way they all look so different with the various bead combinations.
I have to think outside the box on some of the colours as they are not really ones I would wear

It certainly whiled away the hours as its been too hot to be outside (up to 39C)
Just need to put them on the display board and hope they sell.

take care
xcx

10 comments:

  1. Hi Chrissie wow you are so clever the necklace and bracelets are beautiful ,i know there is alot of work involved as i have made a necklace before,well done on your beautiful work my friend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheryl, thank you. I´m lucky to have an outlet just down the road xcx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done on your sales. I imagine it would be quite hard to price hand made items as things can take such a long time to make and, as you say, people just won't pay for the time involved. I think so long as you're happy with the price you get then everyone's happy. I do like your new pieces, they're so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo, must be the same if you were to selling your socks etc or making a quilt for someone, I don´t think you would recoup a fraction of the time involved, but it´s fun making them xcx

      Delete
  4. Dear Chrissie
    Congratulations on your sales. Really pretty items. I agree about hand made items - if you charged what they actually cost to make, no-one would be able to afford them! I am sure the new ones will sell well.
    Best wishes
    Ellie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ellie, probably not the way to look at it, but I would only be sitting there doing something else, so fingers crossed the visitors like them xcx

      Delete
  5. Very well done on your sales :)
    I love your pieces here, they look great.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It´s quicker to keep in the flow with only one pattern at a time as some of them are quite complicated xcx

      Delete
  6. Your jewellery is beautiful Chrissie I do hope some of them sell for you.

    Mx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you, we have quite a lot of visitors to the area at the moment so hopefully some will sell. xcx

    ReplyDelete