Thursday, October 14, 2010

Gota Fria

Our gota fria (which means cold drop) came and went, we managed to keep the power but lost internet and tv stations, we also got a nice top up for our water deposito and although some damage the garden managed to escape quite well.
Travelling down the mountain we came across some rock falls and tree damage but not as severe as previous years. DD and I had an appointment to attend in Denia, a town about 3/4 hour drive away, this place will flood with ease, but again all was well. On our return we decided to treat ourselves to a girlie lunch out and found a nice bar/restaurant in a little village with tiny streets and tall buildings. Note to self, remember to pick your camera up!
We had a very enjoyable menu del dia and whiled away a couple of hours chatting and enjoying each others company, with the promise to do it again very soon.

We are so looking forward to Sunday as DS will be coming out for his birthday, it is so nice to be all together.

Not having anything new to show you, I thought I would put up this project, 'The Tree' - another Stumpwork, using wrapped wires, beads and even some angora goat fleece which I saved from the shearing when being in Devon and we kept them on the farm, but that's a completely different story.





I did try my hand at spinning but with a thousand other things to do/try found it wasn't really my thing, well that's my excuse and I'm sticking to it lol

2 comments:

  1. I cannot believe you live only half an hour away from Denia . . . I live near Oliva (Oliva Nova) and a very good stitchy/sewing friend, who I meet up with every 2, or 3, or 4 weeks lives in Alicante*.
    My blog is waaaaaaaay out of date, but Margaret´s* is kept up...
    http://asamplerofstitches.blogspot.com/
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stump work art is amazing - very beautiful.... I love all the things you showed in the previous blogpost too.... you have a wide range of skills....
    Hugz
    .... oh and well done with the button - I am also doing the Simply Christmas...

    ReplyDelete