Monday, October 11, 2010

Some stitching at last

Well who would believe its over a week ago that we had our little adventure down the mountain. DH is being very good about not driving although still feeling sore and bruised is better. DD is supporting too by getting groceries as she goes outing and abouting.

I would like to say a big thank you to Fiona of Bubzrugz who came to my rescue about how to put buttons on blogs. As you can see it worked and I now have a button for the Simply christmas.

At last some stitching, ok WIP's but at least something has been accomplished, the little angel was from Lynette Anderson Designs, a little kit I purchased from Judith Tetley when she was having her sale. Not quite sure how to finish her off (if you know what I mean) but I'm sure something will suddenly have a light bulb moment


This little project was from Willowberry Designs - one of a series of BOM's which I have saved but have only finished this one - one of these days I will take a deep breath and get my head around making a quilt - I must admit I favour smaller projects, but the more I wander around blogland and see all these wonderful quilts the more I want one.



I saw this in Judith's sale and couldn't resist it for my SIL - she is training to be an animal healer and has various pets including Grace and Audrey who, I believe, at times appear haughty and just will not lay. Cannot decide whether to finish this as a wall hanging or cushion cover............


At last a couple of finished items, little stocking fillers, the rabbit needle case will be for SIL as she has a house rabbit.


I also made a couple of lavender rice bags for DD for her to use in her work as eye masks. She is a holistic and beauty therapist and wanted them to gently warm and use with her clients to help them relax into their treatments. If she wants a guinea pig I will be the first to put my hand up lol


1 comment:

  1. Lots of lovely stitching happening at your house - the chickens is great and that's how I feel about cooking some days!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete