Sunday, October 26, 2014

Demo

The other day, Rebecca and I went to a vegan cookery demonstration, it sounded fun and we felt it could offer alternatives to the dairy, egg free diet.  Oh but we were disappointed, the planning and presentation was very poor and certainly not hands on and the 'lunch' we were looking forward to turned out to be just a small taster. It was also very expensive considering what we got, no recipe sheets or introduction or alternative suggestions.  Oh well at least we tried something new.

I was pleased to hear my test results had eliminated anything 'nasty' so that was a relief, but it did show that my B12 levels were seriously low, I mean 254 instead of the 800-1000 mark opps!  No wonder I have been so wiped out and low.  I had an injection there and then and will need them twice a week for about 3 weeks, plus daily supplements, so fingers crossed things will be on the up.

Also, would you believe, a low range of Vit D, now I know I don't stay in the sun for hours like some over here, but even so who would have thought it, but the 'cure' for that are just vitamin drops that don't even taste of anything.  My cholesterol  was a bit high too even though we have a low fat diet, so something somewhere is going funny! Little by little, just hope the B12 kicks in soon.

I started knitting a little cardigan for Leocia, the pattern called for one ball each of three colours, but, how annoying, it should have read 2 of the main colour, so now I have three quarters of one sleeve done with the other one still to do and have run out.  The biggest problem is that the delivery charge for here is 6.00 irrespective of the size of the parcel.  Looks like I shall just have to buy more yarn  for other projects to make it worth while, think I can live with that! lol, so I made another little hat instead :-)

Hope your weekend was all you wanted it to be 
take care
xcx


    

6 comments:

  1. B12 jabs certainly help with fatigue, I have to have them too, don't they sting? That's so annoying about the cardigan pattern giving the wrong quantities, still, at least you get to order extra now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had B12 injections years ago and yes by golly they did sting, but this Dr. seems to have the needle knack, didn't feel a thing either time and no bruise from bloods either. I just hope I can still get the same dye lot, so will have to get on to it pretty quick. xcx

      Delete
  2. Glad all ok with you and a fairly simple fix... what a disappointment with the cooking class...
    Hug

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm being impatient, but I wish it could be speeded up I hate being a misey kid! It did prompt me to buy the grinder I have been meaning to get for ages to help with the nuts and flax seeds, but I still like my white meat. Just a nice balance xcx

      Delete
  3. I d o hope you complained when you left the cookery class - they need feedback or they'll continue to disappoint! Sorry you're feeling low - the B VItamins are so important and I have a regular supply of B complex pills I take just to keep on top. I too have suffered a deficiency and it took ages to identify - the doctor wanted me to take anti-depressants!
    Take care and enjoy the late sunshine. Axxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Annie, just had my third injection, the doctor said because the levels were so low it will take a good few to get it back up again :-( , bit of a pain as its a 90 min round journey for about two minutes with the doctor. Never mind! I wonder how many other people were prescribed anti depressants without their levels being checked. We have a slight tinge of coolness creeping in, enough to grab a woolie, but the sunshine is good, have a great weekend xcx

    ReplyDelete