Monday, October 6, 2014

New growth

During the last week or so our area has been hit by heavy storms resulting in some areas of flooding, its always the way nothing for months on end causing drought conditions then all at once.  The storms haven't turned into the dreaded gota fria as we experienced in 2007 and as usual our little micro climate caused by the mountains has escaped with only a couple of heavy showers.  At least it has enabled some of the plants to revive a little, but the most noticeable difference is the bancarles.  They have been totally fried, no vegetation just crispy  remnants underfoot, but since the showers we now have a little green hue spreading along, amazing, however they are also springing up in all the gravel covering too :-( We have managed to get out into the garden without it being to uncomfortable to work, but the soil is still like concrete, more rain needed!


Here is a very rare sight! all 8 cats in the house at the same time waiting for breakfast



These two photos were taken of Pinos village by Chris using the Go Pro camera strapped to the underside of the model plane.  This one is looking towards the Montgo range and you can see the plaza to the right

This one is towards Calpe and the sea, it also shows how dry and dusty we are.  When we were at the farm in Devon, we would sometimes get companies round trying to sell aerial photos, they always started off at some horrendous price which, of course I would refuse, but would make them an offer and as no one else would want the print it usually worked. So now its great that we can do our own, making a historical record.

Enjoy your day
take care
xcx








10 comments:

  1. Great photos Chrissie-what a fascinating climate but must be hard to do the garden! Love the cats!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it is hard, I bought some mini daffs to plant whilst in the uk but the ground is too hard to get them in, so I think it must be pots instead xcx

      Delete
  2. I am glad that the rain hasn't been causing you too many problems at home, you certainly have needed it haven't you. I was digging in our garden yesterday and just an inch or two down it was dry as a bone, so I cannot imagine what your ground must have been like. It has rained like mad today, but I don't suppose it made a lot of difference. We have some of those aerial photos as well, as you say, who else are they going to sell them to, you can usually get a good price if you haggle, but your way of recording your house is great, lots of fun and free too! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The go pro is a great little camera with its wide angle lense its good for tight indoor spaces too. All storms have passed and we are now having blue clear skies and about 26C, not bad lol xcx

      Delete
  3. I am always amazed at resilience and forgiveness of nature andhow it comes back int he right conditions... how fun are those aerial pictures...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes rather like when there has been a fire and then everything springs back to re grow, xcx

      Delete
  4. Those aerial photos are great, a fab way of recording the change in an area. Lovely to see all the cats. We used to have one but after he died, Daniel became allergic to cats so we couldn't have another one. I do miss having one around the place, though now we've got Archie, he probably wouldn't like to share his home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you might be right, I don't think Archie would take kindly to sharing his space after he has been king pin xcx

      Delete
  5. I wish I'd thought of making an offer for those ariel photos that they would throw away if I hadn't bought them......I must have mug written across my forehead !
    This is brilliant..hope you have fun with it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Janice. To be fair they used to just appear with the photos not giving you time to think. I said no but when they dropped the price by half it was time to haggle. I used to do alot of negotiating when I was MD of my manufacturing electronics company so I suppose habit kicked in lol xcx.

    ReplyDelete