Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Foodies

Yesterday we had temps of 36 in the kitchen courtyard, higher up by the pool
so what does hubby request?
Can you cook muffins? You know like Rebecca? I really fancy some muffins
Can I co.... splutter, wont say my retort, but it was decided carrot and walnut
I really don´t like saunas but that is what the kitchen felt like
Note to self.....next time say no in this heat
Have to say they were rather yummy
(Rebecca and I used to cook muffins together, then as a money making spin for some pocket money, she began to cook several varieties to take to school to sell to her peers, made quite a bit with it too. Few years ago now lol) 

In for a penny as they say, so whilst it was hot I quickly prepared aubergine slices, courgette and red pepper to roast for 20 mins ready to go with dinner. I make my own version of cajun spices so I sprinkled some on the aubergine then served with a little balsamic vinegar.
I had some mince in the freezer I wanted to use up but Chris is not a fan, so enticed him with home made burgers served with a creamy mustard sauce
New potatoes here are called potato garnish rather strange, but tasty.

Our supermarket shopping was delivered this morning along with a new watermelon
I still had some left from previous so decided to dice and then blend
I have made this juice before, quick simple nothing added and extremely refreshing when ice cold
This evening someone gave a cheeky grin and suggested adding a splash of strawberry gin
It was quite nice, but I much prefer just the juice
Watermelon also can aid weight loss, contains Vit C and potassium and can help with inflamation and asthma, win, win then!
take care
xcx 




8 comments:

  1. I can imagine how hot your kitchen was with the oven heat adding to the temperature, those muffins look as though it was worth it though. I love watermelon, especially in the warm weather, it's so refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The melon is reasonably cheap here, half a huge one for about 2e the muffins were nice but we then found we couldn´t get through 12 in time so popped some in the freezer xcx

      Delete
  2. I keep promising Tom a fruit cake but like you I am putting it off because of the heat, but he knows me well....I can say we have salad tonight and then make a stew. lol
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don´t usually make cakes anymore, more a savoury than dessert person xcx

      Delete
  3. a nice cold watermelon juice would be just right for the end of the day... I think I would be partial to the gin version.... well done with the cooking in that heat...
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strawberry gin is a little sweet wasn´t too keen, but love the juice. xcx

      Delete
  4. I do like watermelon and I love aubergines!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like most veggies, especially spiralized courgette and pumpkin, very versatile. Courgette slices works well in lace of pasta for lasagne too xcx

    ReplyDelete