Sunday, July 8, 2018

Home again, home again

Hello again
I had a lovely time in the UK, but it did zoom past very quickly. I flew into Gatwick where Rebecca met me and we caught the train.
My first week was staying in Reading with Rebecca and Antoni and seeing their flat
It is quite compact but we all managed and it was fine.
Rebecca and I had a few shopping excursions, I only took a hand luggage case knowing they wanted me to bring back one of their large cases, so of course I had to fill it up with something
Chris did well from a visit to Primark and I picked up a few things.
We also caught up with family for MIL´s 89th birthday celebration

They have bought themselves a little car so we went off in search of a yarn shop I had found via google, which was in Thatcham. 
It was housed rather out of the way in the countryside, in an old telephone exchange building.
Scrummy yarns, lovely colours and the circular needles I wanted that Amazon refused to send over here. I bought some sock yarn and some DK so I was able to knit up a beanie for Rebecca ready for the winter, she wants matching gloves now lol
 I was rather surprised when the bill came to 65.00 (Opps)

The yarn kept falling off the ball, most annoying

I spotted this yarn in a poundstretcher shop
Pound a ball but 3 for 2

We celebrated Rebecca´s birthday with a lovely meal in Waggamummas but the week disappeared.

Saturday saw us heading off to Exeter, a 3 hour journey, mainly motorways to visit Daniel.
My how the girls have grown, we had a lovely weekend catching up.
Rebecca and Antoni stayed on the Monday too and we heading into the city and visited the cathedral green.  They have finished the first part of the restoration and the cathedral looked very smart (and clean) The green has a calm, serene feel to it, very soothing



Beach time in Exmouth, fish and chips by the sea then playtime in the sand with the girls.

Rebecca got very upset when it was time for them to go home, as I was staying all week, they decided to come back the following Friday, which helped a lot. It´s very tough being so far away now, but we will do it

It was a quiet week with the normal routine of work and nursery, but lovely to catch up with bath and play time.
I was so pleased that the weather was warm making it all the more enjoyable.
My return flight from Exeter was at 6am, yes I know not good, but oh so much cheaper, so I was off at 4am. We were delayed for 45 minutes but he must have put his foot down as we were only 5 minutes late. 

So back to Spanish life and it´s Hot!
take care
xcx






5 comments:

  1. Lovely to have had that visit and seen everyone.... it is so hard being away... both for them and for ourselves.... oh well - as you say we will all manage.... great to catch up with those little girls, you must see big changes... oh and some scrumptious wool shopping....Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your holidays sounds wonder, and WOW you did well with your yarn purchases. LOVE all that purple!!
    Sandy's Space

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Fiona, they grow up so quickly don´t they. It was so nice to be able to buy yarn and have a feel rather than blindly buy on the net xcx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sandy. Both Rebecca and I favour purple, can you tell? lol xcx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry our internet is playing up, soooo slow or dropping out it´s that time of year again when all the holiday makers are out so have to grap a little when I can even if things are not showing up in the right place!

    ReplyDelete