I know I haven't posted for a bit, but we have still been busy. Saturday we set all the gear up for DH's gig, they had been decorating the venue using uv backdrops, unfortunately I only had my phone with me so the pics are not great.
Although it was hot, there was a cooling breeze which made it very pleasant and brought out quite a few people to the event. The fire show was cancelled at the last minute, such a shame as I was looking forward to the display of poy, which meant DH had to fill in, resulting in him performing for about 3 1/2 hours, to say he was tired afterwards is a bit of an understatement. By the time we packed up and headed off we didn't get home till almost 2 am.
I did find some time and inclination in the kitchen, this is a spicy pork pie
Tried a new receipe - chocolate brownie, this was made using rice flour and as we try to keep our wheat intake to a minimum it was a good alternative. Have to say none of these hung around very long.........
The good old quiche - ham, goat cheese and spinach
I have started on the other front garden for the original house - I use 22 count canvas which gives a good basis to many stitches and a firm base for additions. Here I made a 'slip', as you would in Stumpwork, by blending the colours and using french knots it resembles cascading flowers.
Next came the hedge work - using a plushwork anchor stitch it creates a loopy mess - until......
all the loops are trimmed and the hedge shaped, snipping tiny amounts off until it resembes a soft plush hedge - this stitch seems quite wasteful on the tapestry wool and alot of it is trimmed, but I keep all the offcuts and blend them into the 'grass'. The grass is in fact a wool jumper that had shrunk and matted, the picture hasn't caught the colour very well as it is more of a green
These plants are created by making picot's using needle weaving and blending threads.
It's easy to make them any shape or size and are great for filling in flower beds