Friday, September 30, 2016

Memory box

I thought you might like to see the memory/treasure box I have mentioned

This time we decided to use plywood rather than the stiff mount board that I used for Daniel and Shine´s box
Chris cut the 4mm ply to size and I proceeded to cover them
I wanted the box to be bigger as knowing Rebecca as I do she loves to keep trinkets and keep sakes, little notes or cards etc so knew she would keep practically everything she could, so the box measured 12" square, it´s also quite heavy but very sturdy. Every side was embroidered with a different design with the horse shoe having a beaded flower motif and the inside was lined with purple satin

Unfortunately as I have been searching for the close up photos of the box, it appears that none were taken so I shall have to remedy that and put them up another time

Rebecca had fresh flowers for her hair and also a glitter tattoo



Leocia



Taken after the wedding so a bit bedraggled but you get the gist


Unbeknown to us, Donna who painted the banners had the same design idea that we used on the confetti boxes!
We also had baskets in the restrooms, these contained everything from hair spray and deodorant to safety pins, and they were certainly used.
Along with the fans Rebecca had a basket with flip flops in, just in case the ladies couldn´t bear their heels any more


Rebecca wanted to surprise Antoni with a song that had special meaning to them.  She had been practicing for months, with us as backing and as she had never sung before in public was understandably nervous (aka petrified) but she gave a marvellous performance and every one enjoyed it

Amongst all the prep we welcomed a new member of the household
but I think that should wait for another day
take care
xcx

2 comments:

  1. You definitely thought of everything. The memory box is a wonderful idea and I'm sure it will be full to the brim with lots of lovely mementos of the day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It´s so nice to have a lovely box so all the memories can be kept safely in one place. Just daft that I didn´t take any photos, must have had something on my mind! lol xcx

    ReplyDelete